All practicing printmakers worldwide are invited to participate in Authentic Marks, an international open call for miniature prints. By participating in this printmaking exhibition, you are given the opportunity to show your work during Dubai Art Week, an annual event that brings art professionals together from around the world. Last year’s exhibition featured original printmaking works from 32 countries, live printing demonstrations, and a VIP opening reception.
We plan to continue building on this success with even more offerings this year, including awards of excellence for selected works.
This international exhibition of fine art printmaking will be open for all local, national and international artists. Both professional and early career artists are encouraged to submit their original, hand-pulled artworks for this open themed art exhibition. The goal of this exhibition is to showcase each artist’s originality through their work. With the freedom to choose style, theme, technique and concept, artists all over the globe will continue to leave their “print” in the creative world.
All works will be exhibited and included in the exhibition catalog, which will be sent electronically to every participating artist. Printed catalogs will be available for the cost of shipping.
- All printmaking techniques are accepted.
- Each artist can submit 2 prints maximum with the $35 entry fee.
- Works should measure 11 x 11 inches in paper size.
- The call for entries will be announced by CallForEntry.org.
- All practicing printmakers worldwide are invited to submit 1 – 2 original prints.
- Entries are to be the work of the artist, completed in the past 5 years.
- Works can be in any printmaking medium (or combination of media).
- All entrants must submit through callforentry.org:
- An application form.
- A high quality image of each work entered, submitted electronically in JPEG format at 72 dpi, 5MB maximum size. (2MB minimum)
- $35 entry fee.
- All online application materials must be received by Feb 15, 2020.
- The works are required to be delivered, unframed, by Feb 22, 2020 with the label fixed to the reverse side of the print.
- Works must be in excellent condition on arrival. Artists are required to package work carefully for transport. Shaghaf takes no responsibility for works lost or damaged in transit.
- All submitted works will join the Shaghaf Permanent Collection at the close of exhibition. If an artist would instead rather have the work returned, please include cost of return shipping.
- Artists’ images (required in high quality) must be available for the purpose of the catalog publication.
- All sales inquiries will be directed to the individual artists.
Please visit https://www.shaghafgroup.com/authenticmarks2020 for more information about the organization, previous exhibitions and events and for upcoming exhibition details.
After entry, please mail your work(s) with attached label to:
c/o Zayed University
PO Box 19282
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
(If required, post code is 19282)